~Refreshment Requires Help From Above~

Friday, March 28, 2008

EDS?

No, not the erectile dysfunction, Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (hypersomnia). For some reason, even now, I feel so sleepy. I usually have 6-8 hours sleep, but I've not had this kind of sleepiness during the day.

Originally I thought it was a lack of sleep, but this even persisted with 9 hours sleep, and not even the Doctor Who soundtrack can kick off this stupor.

Then I thought it was circadian rhythm problems, but it doesn't make sense. Why now?

Either way, it's lowering production at work (not really for pay; I'm helping my mum with file sorting and quality checking and all sorts of stuff).

For some reason today I just thought of my granduncle. So out of the blue, caught me off guard. I don't remember that man's face, only his wife, who is my grandmum's sister. I don't know much about him, other than what's already in wikipedia.

Lord Michael Chan. Hmm...this is a rather depressing thought isn't it? That the only amount of info I know comes out of wikipedia :-(

"Michael Chew Koon Chan, Baron Chan, MBE (6 March 1940 – 21 January 2006) was a Singaporean-British physician and politician, of Chinese descent..."

How'd he get so high up in the first place?? I didn't even know why he left Singapore.

Kind of sad, that the only time I saw his face was at his son's wedding (last year) but I've already forgotten. *sigh* Maybe when that contract is given, I might for once pay a visit to my relatives in the UK.

Went to London once, but all I remember of it was the amount of trouble my family had while trying to cross the road. Maybe if my family is able to go on vacation again, we could go visit Cardiff, where Torchwood is set. Rather hard to pronounce it without laughing :-) It's so tempting for me to slur the 'r'.

I was pleasantly surprised that there's even a road in Singapore called Cardiff Grove and a Cardiff Court. I really wonder how we get all these street names. Potong Pasir, Simei, Sembawang, etc. Never quite figured that out.

Signing out,
Matt C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home