~Refreshment Requires Help From Above~

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Too God-oriented?

I have my two good friends Angeline and Michel about my attitude of late. They both agree that I've been so God-oriented on my blog and on MSN Messenger, that it's starting to freak them out. I look back and I agree with them that it's been so God-oriented. But I shall reveal why it's been hard for me to give up talking about God so frequently.

1) There have been an uncountable number of times I have seen God at work, especially with school and nature, I just can't help it! I haven't posted on my blog, or talked about, anywhere near the number of miracles that have happened to me even in one week. That's partly because a lot of things happen during the day and I forget because I don't tell anyone (if I did, I would freak others out. So Angeline and Michel, I actually am already restraining. It's been a struggle not to pour out everything to you guys.).

Just yesterday, Friday, I woke up late for my chemistry lab (starts 7:30 AM) and if I'm later than 10 minutes, I am not allowed to take the lab, and get a 0 for it. I had already missed 2 labs because I forgot my goggles. If I missed another, I would get an automatic 0 for the whole course for the semester. My dad rushed me to the lab in the car, and I was freaking out and prayed to God anxiously in my mind. When I dashed into the lab, I asked my TA if I was too late for the lab. He said, "Matt, you're a lucky guy. You just barely made it." I asked my TA later how barely I made it. He said I made it by about 15 seconds.

2) Talking about God is my greatest hold on reality. Michel might remember my hammering talk about getting rid of fiction reading. Here's the dark side of me you never knew, Michel:
It's because I was losing my mind. The years I spent reading, watching and playing fiction are getting to me. I'm unraveling. Talking about God's miracles has been the only remedy that's worked with keeping me in touch with reality. Even the tremendous heartache MATLAB has been causing me hasn't kept me attached to reality. It still seems dreamy.
Michel, I spoke to you about the dangers of fiction because I am really decaying from it. God has been the only reason I'm not caving in to the allurements fiction has in store. Because I've been pleading with Him to help me with this stubborn condition.

I didn't want you to start suffering like I am at some point in your life. My mind just abruptly switches to fantasy mode without my being aware of it. It just happens. It's like I black out while still remaining awake. Compelling images of fantasy sweep across my mind and I forget them immediately upon snapping back to attention to the lecture.

3) Nothing makes me happier. Seriously. Talking about God grants me a peace of mind I can't feel with other things. It's interlinked with (2).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home