~Refreshment Requires Help From Above~

Monday, December 18, 2006

WONDERFUL BLISS

Today was amazing. On Saturday evening, I wanted to go see my high school's varsity boys basketball game to support my classmates. I said that I would do my best to be there. Little did I know, the church Christmas dinner was to be on the same night. I went to the dinner and I realized that I would not be able to make it to the game in time. So, I prayed to the LORD, "I said to my classmates in the basketball team that I would try to be there. But I can't make it in time. I pray that you would go in my stead and at the same time, help them win!" Just this morning, I went to school and the morning announcements were read. THEY WON! YAY!!

Then, during the first period, we played Capture the Flag in PE. My team was appearing to be losing. So many were in the opponent's jail. Including me. I prayed, "LORD, please help my team win! Turn the tide of the game and help us win!" Right after the prayer, I looked around and saw only a few people left in the jail. I looked forward and saw many of them running back to the team's side. YES! The game suddenly turned to our favour. In the end, my team won 3-1.

The next blessing was with my persuasive paper. I had prayed fervently to God to help me make the paper persuasive the way He wanted it to be. But when I turned it in a few days ago, I thought I typed it more in an expository fashion than persuasive. But today, I got my paper back. Apparently, the teacher passed mine before the others. Actually, he didn't seem to have passed the others' back at all. PRAISES TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, MY ADONAI, THE WONDERFUL AND HONEST. I got 76/77 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furthermore, it has a tremendous weightage to our grades. This defnitely bumps me up a grade.

The only sad thing of my day was with my self-portrait, but that's a different story.

1 Comments:

Blogger `kathleen said...

hey matthew!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
happy holidays & God bless!

your posts are truly inspirational. keep up the faith! (=

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home